Frequently Asked Questions
Graham offers introductory answers to frequently asked questions about staffing services, resume tips and services we offer. Click on a subject heading below to view questions and answers relating to your selection. Links throughout the answers will guide you to further information on our website or from other sources. Should you have any further questions, please contact us.
Why use a staffing company?
Graham specializes in finding the right staffing candidate with the right set of experiences. With Graham you’ll profit from workforce flexibility and enjoy first-class talent and save time and money.
- We’re the jobs people. Staffing companies match millions of people to millions of jobs.
- 66 million people per day are employed by staffing companies.
- 2 million temporary and contract employees are hired by U.S. staffing firms over the course of a year.
- 79% of temporary and contract employees work full time, virtually the same as the rest of the workforce.
The staffing industry offers flexibility to both employees and companies. People can choose when, where and how they want to work. Companies can get the skills they need to keep fully staffed during busy times.
- 66% of temporary employees say flexible work time is important to them.
- 64% of staffing employees report that their work gives them the scheduling flexibility and the time for family they desire.
- 90% of client businesses say staffing companies give them flexibility to keep fully staffed during busy times.
Temporary and contract work provides a bridge to permanent employment. People can try out a prospective employer and showcase their skills for a permanent job.
- 88% of staffing employees say that temporary or contract work made them more employable.
- 77% of staffing employees say it’s a good way to obtain a permanent job.
- 80% of staffing clients say staffing firms offer a good way to find people who can become permanent employees.
Many people choose staffing company and contract work as an employment option. They can select their work schedules and choose among a variety of diverse and challenging assignments.
- 67% of staffing employees say choice of assignments was an important factor in their job decision.
- 23% of staffing employees have little or no interest in a permanent job—they prefer the alternative arrangement over traditional employment.
- 33% of staffing employees say they work for a staffing company because they like the diversity and challenge of different jobs.
The staffing industry provides free training for millions of temporary and contract employees to help meet today’s demand for skilled workers.
- 90% of staffing companies provide free training to their temporary and contract employees.
- 65% of staffing employees say they developed new or improved work skills through their assignments.
- 40% of staffing employees say they choose temporary or contract work as a way to obtain employment experience or job training.
Source: American Staffing Association
How do I know which jobs are currently available?
Graham updates our currently available opportunities on a daily basis. All of our openings can be reviewed and applied to from our Career Search page. If you would like to get up-to-the-minute notifications about new opportunities follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook.
Will I be required to complete skills assessments?
To ensure you’re the right candidate for the demands of a specific job within your field, we may assess your skills in various applicable programs/areas in order to place you accordingly. Rule of thumb, if a skill is listed on your resume, it is likely we will require you to complete assessments.
What should I bring to my Graham interview?
You should bring a clean, updated copy of your resume, a completed application, references, and documentation supporting your eligibility to work in the United States. Additional documentation may be requested post interview.
What kind of companies does Graham work with?
Graham works with businesses of all sizes from small independent companies to large national corporations.
What type of employment opportunities do you have?
Graham has short-term and long-term temporary employment opportunities. A short-term assignment can be as few as four (4) hours and a long-term assignment can last as long as six (6) months, with potential for hire by our clients. Federal government contracts can last for years.
Graham also has direct hire employment opportunities.
What kind of people do you place?
Graham places professionals with administrative, legal, information technology, accounting/finance, human resources and sign language interpretation experience. The majority of our opportunities require a minimum of one (1) year of professional experience. If you have experience in any of the above fields, please submit your resume for review by a Graham Consultant.
What if I am only interested in direct hire opportunities?
If you are currently employed and are only interested in direct hire opportunities, please apply only to jobs that are advertised as direct hire, or submit your resume for review by a Graham Consultant.
How do I update my information with Graham?
If you have gained additional experience and/or your resume has changed since you last applied, you can update your information by uploading your updated resume here. Once you have uploaded your new resume, no further action is required.
How do I submit my resume?
If you are interested in being considered for employment with Graham, you must submit your resume online. All resumes must be submitted electronically; we no longer accept faxed or paper copy resumes. Apply now.
Do you accept walk-ins?
Graham does not accept walk-ins; we operate by appointment only. If you are interested in working with Graham, you must submit your resume online, and a Graham Consultant will contact you to schedule an appointment.
What do I do after I submit my resume to Graham?
Once you submit your resume, no further action is required on your part. Your resume will be entered into our applicant tracking system where it will be reviewed and made searchable to all of our Consultants for twelve (12) months from date of submission. If you meet the minimum qualifications for the particular job for which you’ve applied or for any of our other opportunities, a Graham Consultant will contact you to further discuss your resume.